Did you know that every motor vehicle collision actually includes 3 crashes!
1. The vehicle Crash: The first stage involves the vehicle. It causes the vehicle to buckle and bend as it hits something and comes to an abrupt stop.
2. The human crash: The second stage occurs as the vehicle stops. In a crash, occupants move toward the point of impact, not away from it.
3. The internal crash: The third stage occurs after an occupant's body come to a complete stop; his or her internal organs are still moving forward until the organs hit something. Suddenly, organs hit other organs or the skeletal system. This third crash is the internal crash, often causing serious or fatal injuries.
Source: National Safety Council Driver Safety Training
Other important tips:
- Do not sign any document unless it's for the police.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including vehicles involved, witness information, and photos of vehicles in crash.
- State only the facts, and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your Doctor.
- If possible, don't leave the accident scene before the police arrive.
- Call us as soon as possible.
Here to help you through this difficult process.
Auto accidents are unexpected and stressful. Even the most careful drivers may be involved. If you are in an accident, our office is committed to helping restore your peace of mind as soon as possible. Don't wait for your pain to get worse.